Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a Day!

What a day it has been!  This morning, hubby left me asleep and went on to Dunlap to meet the Security Company representative at our building to talk about all that needs to be done. Of course, it's going to be much more than we expected.  Then he went to take care of the water, electric and gas.

While he was gone, I got dressed and started working on paperwork and details here.  I just finished a little while ago and it's 11:26 p.m.!  It's been this way every day for the last couple of weeks now.  Today I worked on employee forms and files and took so many phone calls from applicants, I can't remember how many there were!  I had to get each resume from my Email and print it and then make a file for it so my daughter and I can go over all of them tomorrow.  Then I'll have to phone or Email each one and let them know when we would like to meet with them for a personal interview.  We have a few very hopeful sounding applications.  I wish we could hire them all!  Unfortunately, we can only hire one for the morning shift and maybe a part-time occasional employee to fill in when the other one can't be there.  We're very reluctant to hire too many employees right off the bat since we're not sure yet how many "clients" we'll have the first month or so.
It feels good to be "almost finished" with most of the work though!  I'm exhausted but feeling very good about all that I've been able to accomplish now! I couldn't have done it all without my husband's help though!  He's sacrificed his free time to help me out and then works late hours at night in the living room with his laptop!  What a blessing he's been!

I'll try to remember to take pictures again on Thursday when I go out there.  They're delivering our TV Room furniture on Thursday and we'll be doing at least 4 face-to-face interviews for a CNA. 

We joined the Chamber of Commerce the other day though and they're going to link our website to theirs!  When we open, they'll send out a photographer to take pictures and write up an article for the paper and they'll do a Ribbon Cutting ceremony for us!  I feel like a celebrity!

Take care Friends!  More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment